Do you often revisit the same few websites? Or is there a website name you can never remember? Add these websites to your list of “Favorite” to keep them in your browser’s “Bookmarks”!
Your “Bookmarks” is a place to keep and organize your saved websites. You can create folders, rename websites, and add short descriptions to your favorite websites.
The benefit is there are no limits to how many Bookmarks and Favorite websites you can save! So you can save websites to revisit them later and then delete them afterward. You can also save a webpage for years and look back at it over time.
Continue reading to find out how to add, find, and manage your bookmarks in your Safari browser.
How to Add a New Bookmark
- In the Safari browser, go to the website you want to bookmark or Favorite
- Click the Share button on the right side of the toolbar then choose “Add Bookmark.”
- Designate where to add the bookmark. Here, you have the option to customize your new bookmark:
- Add This Page To: Click the pop-up menu and choose a folder. This is when you add the webpage as a “Favorite” for it to show up when you open a new tab.
- Rename the Bookmark: Enter a name that will help you identify the bookmark.
- Add a Description: Enter more details as a reminder about the webpage.
- Finally, click “Add” to save your new bookmark and customizations.
Right-click in the bookmark bar to create a new folder.
Find and Use a Bookmark
- In Safari, click the Sidebar button on the left side of the toolbar, then click the Bookmarks button.
- Type the bookmark name in the search field at the top of the sidebar.
- Once you locate the desired bookmark, click and open the webpage.
Or, you can also find and open your bookmark from the Bookmarks menu at the top of your screen.
How to Manage Bookmarks
- In the Safari app on your desktop, click the Sidebar button in the toolbar, then click the Bookmarks button.
- Right-click or control-click a bookmark or folder.
- Choose from the shortcut dropdown menu to manage your bookmarks:
- Rename or edit a bookmark or folder.
- Edit a bookmark’s website address.
- Copy or delete a bookmark or folder.
- Create a new or delete a bookmark folder.
- See detailed folder contents.
Or, you can also manage your bookmarks by opening “Bookmarks” at the menu bar then click “Edit Bookmarks.”
Safari saves your favorites and bookmarks on iCloud. So your Safari bookmarks on your Mac can be accessed on your iPhone, too.
Want products news and updates?