Did you lose your Series 5 Apple Watch in the gym, at your friend’s place, or somewhere on the couch at home? Use the Find My app to locate your Apple Watch Series 5 from our iPhone or iPad.
Set up your Find My app on your iPhone or iPad as soon as you can. It’s better to be prepared before you lose your Apple Watch to make it easier and quicker for you to recover your device if you do lose it.
Before we begin, make sure your Apple Watch is paired to your iPhone or iPad.
Follow our tutorial below to learn to locate your Apple Watch using the Find My app.
To Find Your Apple Watch Series 5:
- Use the Find My App on your iPhone or iPad to search for your Apple Watch Series 5.
- Swipe up to view a full list of your devices.
- Look for your Apple Watch from the list and tap it to view options to locate your device.
- The options you can choose from to find your Apple Watch 5 are:
- Play Sound: Try tapping “Play Sound” to listen for your Apple Watch.
- Directions: Using the GPS feature, you can find the approximate location in Apple Maps to travel to the last known location of your device.
- Notifications: Be notified when your Apple Watch is found when you enable this feature.
- Mark As Lost: If your Apple Watch is not connected to Wi-Fi, cellular, or your paired iPhone and the Find My feature is not activated before losing your device, locate it with Lost Mode.
Set to Lost Mode:
Sometimes we cannot prevent every happy accident.
As mentioned in the previous section, if the Find My feature was not activated before losing your Apple Watch, you will need Lost Mode to keep your information safe.
When you activate “Mark As Lost,” your device can only be accessed with your passcode. You will be asked to enter your phone number to contact you when someone else finds your device.
You can also include a message for the person who finds your Apple Watch Series 5, too.
Keep the Find My App set up and ready for any emergencies. It’s better to be prepared to avoid any further complications in the future.
Find more tips and guides for your Apple Watch Series 5!
More advanced and smarter than almost any smartwatch on the market, the Apple Watch Series 5 does more than keep track of your basic health statistics. With metrics on your cardiovascular health, fitness activity, and more, you can get a full rundown of your health so you know you'll attain your goals.
Want products news and updates?