Social media has become a great place to discover cool new products, recipes, or workouts. It's only natural we screenshot recommendations.
If you ever wondered, "Does Instagram notify when you screenshot a story?" We have the answer for you. Screenshotting a story is fine, but sometimes, we don't want other people to screenshot our personal stories.
So, did you know that Instagram (IG) does not send notifications when you screenshot IG stories?
The only time another user is notified of you taking a screenshot is when they send you a photo via Direct Message, and you screenshot that photo. Then, the other user will know you screenshotted their image.
As a matter of fact, Instagram doesn't send notifications when you screenshot posts either. So if you are a private person, consider posting Stories to "Close Friends" only or making your profile private to avoid others screenshotting it.
Suppose you are worried someone is secretly taking screenshots of your posts. Or maybe you want to block someone from seeing your stories. If any of these is the case for you, continue reading to find out how to block on Instagram with a few simple steps.
Whether it's for your peace of mind or even your safety, your privacy should be a top priority on the internet. Or, if you accidentally button smashed or blocked someone you know by accident, you can easily unblock them.
Read below for our tutorial on how to block, restrict, or unblock accounts on Instagram.
To Block/Restrict an Account on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Find the account you want to block or restrict.
- On their account page, tap the three dots in the top-right corner. You'll be given a list of options.
- Select "Block" or "Restrict." You'll be asked to confirm your decision, so tap "Block Account" or "Restrict Account" to confirm.
Blocking an account means that person won't see your account, posts, stories, online status, or comment on your posts. Restricting an account means they can see your posts, stories, and comment on your posts. However, those comments will only be visible to them.
To Unblock/Unrestrict an Account on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap your profile icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the three lines in the top-right corner for a list of options.
- Go to Settings > Privacy and scroll down to the "Connections" section.
- Tap "Blocked Accounts" or "Restricted Accounts" to access a list of blocked and restricted accounts, respectively.
- Tap "Unblock" or "Unrestrict" next to the account whose settings you want to change.
The internet and social media platforms are great places to keep in touch with friends and meet new people, too. However, make sure to be safe and smart about who tries to contact you or screenshot your posts.
If you ever feel uncomfortable, block, restrict, or even report an account to Instagram.
Stay safe out there!
Establish your online presence for personal and business purposes.
Want products news and updates?