If you’ve previously owned an Apple product or if this is your first iPhone, welcome to the Apple ecosystem!
Apple has made it extremely easy to transition from different devices and get used to the iPhone operating system.
Do you have existing data to transfer from an old iPhone or Android device to your new Apple iPhone?
Let us guide you step-by-step to set up your iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max as soon as possible!
To Set Up New iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
Is the iPhone 11 your first mobile device? If so, welcome to the Apple family!
Follow these simple steps to set up your phone as soon as possible:
- Press the Side button to wake up your iPhone.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- You will be brought to the “Language” page to choose your preferred language for your new device.
- Next, “Select Your Country or Region.”
- You will then be given the option to “Set Up” your new phone “Manually” or to begin the transferring process as detailed in the previous sections.
- Your iPhone will want to identify your face via Face ID. You have the option to set this up later, too.
- The “Create a Passcode” page will appear to have you set up a code for you to lock your device. The passcode will protect your information from unauthorized visitors on your phone and be used to unlock your iPhone.
- If you want to opt-out from using a passcode, you can choose “No Passcode.”
- Your device will guide you to the “Apps & Data” page to help you transfer your information to your new iPhone.
- If you do not have any data to transfer or don’t want to transfer anything, click “Don’t Transfer Apps & Data.”
- Before using your iPhone, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID and Password to access all Apple services.
- Click “Next” after you have entered your information.
- If you agree to the Terms and Conditions, press “Agree.”
- Your device will ask you to install the latest update and set up other preferences for your iPhone.
- Take your time to make these changes to make it easy and fun for you to use your new iPhone.
- After everything is completed, you will be brought to the Home Screen.
Check out this video to see if you set it up properly!
To Transfer Data from Previous iPhone to New iPhone
Whether you’re upgrading your iPhone to a newer model or making the switch from Android to Apple, you’ll want to keep your old phone’s data. Luckily, Apple makes that process easy, no matter what your old phone was.
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max:
- Unlock the old iPhone and place the new iPhone next to it.
- A pop-up window will ask you if you want to “Set Up a New iPhone.”
- Tap “Continue” and hold the old iPhone over the new iPhone to match the blue circles together.
- Follow the instructions on the new iPhone until you reach the “Transfer Your Data” page.
- Choose between “Transferring data from your old iPhone” or “Restore data from iCloud.” Keep in mind that:
- Transferring data from your old iPhone to the new iPhone does not let you use either phone as both will be occupied with the data transfer. Depending on how much data you have, this step may take some time.
- Restoring data from iCloud lets you use your old iPhone while the new iPhone is busy downloading all your data from iCloud. This option will only depend on your internet speed to determine how long the process will take.
- After the transfer, your new iPhone will continue downloading the apps from your old iPhone to complete the full iPhone transfer.
Transfer Data from Android to iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max:
Did you recently convert your mobile device form an Android to an iPhone?
Here are the steps to make the transition and transferring of data quick and easy!
- Make sure both devices are connected to the internet, plugged into a source of power, and placed next to each other.
- Download “Move to IOS App” on the Android device.
- To make sure your new iPhone has enough space for the transfer, refrain from following the guided setup on your new iPhone until after the transfer is complete.
- Begin by selecting the “Move from Android” option on the Apps & Data page on your iPhone.
- On your Android device, open the “Move to IOS App” and tap continue.
- On the Android device, follow the instructions for the Terms & Agreement page which will then lead you to Enter a Code.
- On your iPhone, a code will appear. Enter this code onto your Android device.
- On your Android device, a “Transfer Data” page will appear for you to choose which data you would like to transfer.
- Once you have chosen what you want to transfer, press “Next” at the top right corner of the Android screen to commence the transferring process.
- Leave both of your Android and iPhone devices alone until the loading bars are finished.
- Follow the on-screen steps on your iPhone to finish setting up your new device.
The transfer can move information about your email account(s), contacts, and photos to your new iPhone. For music, books, and PDFs files, you will need to manually copy them to your new device.
Now that you’ve set up your iPhone, test out some new features!
The first Pro model of an iPhone, the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max offer a number of upgrades from the iPhone 11. With the first-ever triple-camera system to pair with its A13 Bionic chip, the iPhone 11 Pro models offer premium performance without compromise.
Want products news and updates?