This website requires JavaScript.
news

Apple Commits to Being 100% Carbon Neutral For All Its Products by 2030

allapplenews-author-pearl-zhou
Pearl Zhou
39K Views

| 3 months ago

apple-commits-to-being-100-carbon-neutral-for-all-its-products-by-2030-20200721-1
Apple

Apple released its plan to become completely carbon neutral across its business, manufacturing supply chain and product life cycle by 2030.

With this Climate Roadmap, in a decade's time, every Apple device sold will have net-zero climate impact.

Carbon neutrality or to be carbon neutral is—simply—the process of balancing carbon emissions with carbon removal to achieve net-zero carbon dioxide emissions.

In order to do so, carbon offsetting initiatives such as clean energy developments, gas-capture projects or planting trees are implemented.

apple-commits-to-being-100-carbon-neutral-for-all-its-products-by-2030-20200721-2
Apple

In Apple’s case, the tech giant plans to reduce emissions by 75% by 2030. While the remaining 25% will be reduced through later carbon removal developments.

Apple’s Climate Roadmap focused on several key initiatives: low carbon product design, expanding energy efficiency, renewable energy, process and material innovations and carbon removal. 

The company also announced that the new 16-inch MacBook Pro will be produced with low carbon aluminum and revealed all iPhones, iPads, Mac and Apple Watch devices made this year were produced with recycled content including the Taptic Engine.

apple-commits-to-being-100-carbon-neutral-for-all-its-products-by-2030-20200721-3
Apple

Some exciting developments and initiatives include a

  • partnership with Conservation International to restore Kenyan savannas and mangroves in Columbia,
  • development of the first-ever direct carbon-free aluminum smelting process and
  • expansion of solar power developments in Scandinavia and projects providing power to communities in the Philippines and Thailand.

Products Covered

allapplenews-product-iPhone 11
Model
iPhone 11
Release Date
September 2020

Features

• 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
• 6.1" Liquid Retina Display
• A13 Bionic Chip
• Dual 12MP Ultra Wide/Wide Cameras
• Up to 17 Hours Video Playback

Description

One of the most advanced smartphones out there, the iPhone 11 refines many of the features that made the iPhone X so revolutionary. You'll be able to take fantastic photos with the iPhone 11's new dual-camera system. Then you can see those pictures with great clarity on the iPhone 11's fantastic display. Run on the A13 chip, the iPhone 11 offers nothing short of excellence.

Want products news and updates?

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.