Your Apple watchOS 7 just got its second major update!
Following the watchOS 7 operating system's release in September of this year, the new update comes today, alongside the Apple Fitness+ subscription service.
The new update, the watchOS 7.2, supports the Fitness+ service right from the comfort of your wrist.
Everything You Need to Know about watchOS 7
Everything you do on Apple Watch starts with the watch face. watchOS 7 makes your watch face fun, functional, and personally customized. Aside from the watch face, watchOS 7 allows you access to these features:
- Sleep App: Help you meet your sleep goals.
- Handwashing: Apple Watch can detect when you start washing your hands and encourage you to keep going for the time recommended by global health organizations.
- Family Sharing: Children, as well as adults, can benefit from wearing an Apple Watch. With watchOS 7, you can set up and manage an Apple Watch for your child—or any member of your Family Sharing group.
- Siri Updates- Siri can translate multiple languages right on Apple Watch.
- Fitness: Kick off one of four new workouts- Dance, Functional Strength Training, Core Training, or Cooldown. See the results of your workout in the Fitness app on your iPhone.
- Ride It Out: With watchOS 7, Apple Watch offers cycling directions—complete with maps that show elevation changes, bike lanes, and busy roads.
- Take a shortcut: With a tap, you can now use shortcuts you’ve created on iPhone and even add them as complications to your watch face.
- Hearing Health: Apple Watch can warn you about exposure to loud sounds around you and automatically reduce loud sounds played through your headphones.
The watchOS 7 updates require iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14 or later and one of the following Apple Watch models:
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch SE
- Apple Watch Series 6
watch OS 7.2 & Apple Fitness+
watchOS 7.2 supports the new Apple Fitness+ subscription service that launched earlier today.
In addition, the update adds a Cardio Fitness feature for the Apple Watch. As a "powerful predictor of overall health," the Cardio Fitness feature measure VO2 max that your body is able to consume during your period of exercise.
Notifications of Cardio Fitness VO2 metrics will be sent through your Apple Watch and iPhone.
Cardio Fitness is accessible through the Activity App and can be set up in the Health app on iPhone. The Cardio Fitness readings are available for people over the age of 20 in ranges that include below average, above average, and high and low, estimated by users' age.
Using its advanced sensors, Apple Watch now estimates low cardio fitness levels from clinics directly to a user’s wrist. Hence, people have more insight into how they can improve their long-term health through daily activity.
The watchOS 7.2 update can be downloaded for free through the Apple Watch app on the iPhone by General > Software Update.
To install the new software, you must ensure your Apple Watch is at least 50% charged.
Download HD iPhone Wallpapers for Free Now
Designed to optimize the Apple Watch Series 6 and SE, watchOS 7 introduces more features to help you with fitness and health. You'll also get new design options so you can style your Apple Watch the way you want. For the Apple Watch users out there, watchOS 7 will make your Apple Watch an even more versatile device.
Want products news and updates?